Terms & Conditions
These terms and conditions explain your rights and responsibilities and also ours. Throughout this document the word "you" and "your" means the customer and "we" or "our" means Bluemanor Windows Limited.
Installation We shall deliver and install the order referred within the "Official Order", and carry out any additional work specified in the "Additional Information/Building Work Required" section.
Price The total cost of the order includes VAT and is mentioned overleaf in the box marked "Total cost of work". The price agreed for the order has been agreed with your granting us free access to electricity and water supplies for the duration of the installation. Should access either be refused or restricted then the additional cost of hiring equipment to provide the services will be levied.
Payment The payment terms have been detailed overleaf. You have paid the deposit shown. The balance of monies due are payable in the stages detailed overleaf. The money due at each stage is payable to our installers on satisfactory completion of each stage. Payment shall be in cash or banker's draft/building society cheque payable to Bluemanor Windows Limited. We reserve the right to claim interest at the rate of 5% above National Westminster Bank Rate on overdue balances.
Guarantee Our guarantee is offered to you in addition to your statutory consumer rights. We undertake to repair (or replace at our discretion) free of charge any unit installed under this Contract which proves defective as a result of faulty materials or workmanship within 10 years from the date of this Contract. There is no guarantee to eliminate condensation. The guarantee also does not cover:
- Wear on gold/brass or any metal coated furniture
- Where items of an electrical nature are used the benefits of the manufacturer's warranty will be passed to you
- Plumbing works including radiators
- Glass breakage occurring after installation
Curtains and Blinds We are not responsible for the removal and replacement of curtains, blinds or pelmets. We cannot guarantee that existing curtains, blinds and pelmets will fit unaltered after the installation. It is your responsibility to remove any curtains, blinds and pelmets prior to the commencement of the installation.
Cables/Services We do not accept any responsibility for the removal and/or refitting of any telephone, alarm, television and other similar cables.
Delivery Times The installation will be commenced within six weeks and on a mutually convenient date, but subject to the following:
- If Local Authority Planning, House builder or similar approval is required then the date of granting the permission will count as the start date for the six week period
- Any target date quoted is an estimate and not a term of the agreement. If any of your work has not been completed by the target date you may serve written notice on us by recorded delivery post to "2 Church Street, Braintree, Essex, CM7 5JS", requiring the work to be completed within four weeks
- Should any part of your order not be completed within these four weeks then you will be reimbursed any deposit paid for the incomplete works and the balance of the contract cancelled without penalty
- If you wish to delay the installation beyond six weeks and have been advised that your order is in stock, then 85% of the balance of the purchase price is then due and payable immediately. Installation will then follow at a mutually convenient time with the remaining 15% payable on completion
Making Good The works will be carried out in a good and workmanlike manner. We shall make good any damage caused during the installation as follows:
- External making good to be in sand and cement only
- Internal making good in bonding/plaster only
- No Tyrolean, pargeting or other special finishes will be used or made good
- wallpaper or other wall decorations immediately surrounding any unit removed or installed
- Tiles, both internal and external, which are broken during the removal or installation of any unit Lintel
Claim for Damage Any claim by you for compensation for damage done for which we may be liable under this Contract must be made in writing to reach us within a reasonable time of the damage occurring and in completion of installation in the absence of which we accept no liability. Structural defects, which may not be immediately apparent, are excluded from this clause.
Glass All glass used is the best available, but we accept no liability for minor imperfections, which are within the visual standards laid down by the Glass and Glazing Federation.
Decorative Glass Where Lead and Georgian decorative designs are used we will use our standard layouts at all times. Where coloured Lead designs are specified we will use our standard colours and layouts. Where a request for special designs or colours is made we will use our best endeavours to comply, but we are unable to guarantee exact colour shades or design layouts. It is your responsibility to ensure that any such special request is clearly marked on the face of the Contract.
Survey A detailed survey of the work to be carried out will be taken by our surveyor. It is your responsibility to be present when the survey is carried out. Should you choose to appoint a relative or other similar agent to be present at the survey then your relative or agent is deemed authorised to sign the survey on your behalf of you.
Cancellation Rights Your signature together with our representatives' signature overleaf has created a legally binding agreement between you and us.
- In the event that you have signed this document and wish to change your mind, we offer a seven day "cooling off" period from the date signed overleaf
- In any other event we shall only accept cancellation in writing, and after being paid in full for all costs including Sales, Marketing, Administration, Manufacturing and Installation costs which have been incurred in connection with this order, in accordance with common law
Website Privacy Statement/Data Protection Policy
To provide our services, Bluemanor Windows Ltd collects and processes a substantive amount of personal data and sensitive personal data – as defined in the Data Protection Act 1998. All processing is conducted in accordance with the legislation. Part of our compliance is our registration with the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) – the 'Notification'. This Notification details the purposes for which we process data. It is available on the Public Register of data Controllers at the ICO website at www.ico.gov.uk
Data may be shared with third parties in the provision of our services and/or if we are required to do so by law. We cannot accept responsibility for any processing conducted by third parties outside our remit. The sensitive personal data we may process will have been collected from the Data Subject as part of the booking process and therefore consent for processing is accepted with the signed booking form.
None of the above affects your rights of access to personal data we may hold on you. All requests must be made in writing – email is acceptable – to Stephen Clark at the company. Please note that we may charge a £10 administrative fee for such a request – this fee is payable in advance and is non–refundable.
Information Security Policy Bluemanor Windows Ltd collects and processes a substantive amount of personal data in the provision of our specialized services. Security of this information is very important to us and all feasible security measures are in place. Stephen Clark is responsible within the company for the administrative procedures and all enquiries should be directed to him via the company.
Business Continuity Plan Bluemanor Windows Ltd keeps personal data in both electronic and manual formats. In the provision of the services we offer, we may sometimes need to collect and process sensitive personal data. We will only process sensitive personal data freely given via the enquiry and ordering system. Regular back–ups are taken of the electronic data and a copy held off site – this protects against accidental loss/damage. Access to all data is restricted to those involved in the administrative procedures associated with our services and the actual provision of the service itself.
Copyright Copyright information including artwork, graphics and text contained in this website is owned by Bluemanor Windows Ltd. The information may not otherwise be reproduced, distributed or transmitted to any other person or incorporated in any way into another document or other material without the prior written permission of Bluemanor Windows Ltd.